Honey Glazed Tarragon ChickenThe recipe below makes 4 servings but its easy to make up a big batch for the freezer.
1 pound bone-in chicken breast, skin removed
1 tsp dried tarragon leaves or 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
1 tsp chicken base or 1 chicken bullion cube
1/4 cup honey
3 tbsp flour
1 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and tarragon and cook the chicken until done. You can bake the chicken in a covered baking dish or you can use a pressure cooker. Follow all the manufacturers directions when using a pressure cooker. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it to a dish to cool. Reserve all the cooking liquids. When cool enough to handle, remove the bones and break the chicken meat into chunks.
- Add the chicken, chicken base and the honey to the reserved cooking liquid.
- Cool, package and freeze the chicken with the cooking liquid. Be sure to label, date and include the remaining instructions for finishing the recipe
- Bring the chicken and liquid to a simmer in a large saucepan. Make a slurry of the flour and water and add it to the saucepan while stirring continually. Simmer for 5 minutes more until the gravy is thickened and everything is warmed through.
- Serve over rice, noodles or toasted bread.