This pattern can used to make appliques to add to another project but what I have in mind is for these to be a set of coasters. I made these in the Pittsburgh Steelers logo colors but these could be made in any color. You need something to set your Yuengling down on when you are watching football, right?
This pattern uses US crochet terms. I used worsted weight yarn and size G crochet hook. If you have any questions about this pattern, leave me a comment and I will do my best to help.
Tetracuspid Hypocycloid PatternFor this pattern cluster = [sc, hdc, dc, ch1, dc, hdc, sc]
- Ch 3 , sl st in 3rd ch from hook to form a ring
- ch 2, 12 hdc in ring, sl st to top of beginning ch 2 to join
- ch 2, 1hdc in the first st, 2 hdc in the next 11 st around, sl st to top of beginning ch to join
- ch 1, *skip 1 st, cluster in the next st, skip 1 st, 1 sc in next 3 st, repeat from * 3 more times, sl st to beginning ch1 to join.
- Ch1, *skip 1 st sc2tog, cluster in next ch 1 space, sc2tog [see note], skip 1 st, 1 sc in next 3 st, repeat from * 3 more times, sl st to beginning ch1 to join
- ch 1, skip 1 st, 1 sc, *sc2tog, cluster in ch 1 space, sc2tog, 1 sc, skip 1 st, 1 sc in next 3 st, skip 1 st, repeat from * 3 more times, sl st to beginning ch1 to join.
- Weave in ends and block lightly with steam iron,[note] Since the cluster is so many stitches in a single stitch it will most likely be covering the first stitch of the sc2tog. Be sure to pull the cluster back to expose that hidden stitch.
[pattern edited 8/19/15]