Monday, February 17, 2014

Tomato Butternut Squash Soup

Are you looking for a great tomato soup recipe?  This rich and creamy tomato butternut squash soup really hits the spot!  Make a large batch and stock up your freezer.

Ingredients: 
1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
2 (28 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes
1 quart of chicken or vegetable stock **
2 fresh sage leaves or 1/2 tsp dried sage



Combine all the ingredients in a large pot and simmer 25-30 minutes until the squash is tender.  Puree with an immersion blender or in a blender until smooth.  Serve with garlic bread.

**Store bought chicken stocks and broths often have dairy ingredients.  Use homemade stock or check the label carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the web. I love to share things I make and ideas I have. I hope you enjoy!