Thursday, March 27, 2014

Breakfast Burritos (For the Freezer)



Breakfast burritos are great on the go.  You can prepare a bunch in advance and keep them in the freezer for a quick and easy breakfast.




Ingredients:
12 eggs beaten
1/2 pound of bacon
2 cups of 1/4" diced potatoes
1 cup of finely chopped onions
salt and pepper to taste
8 fajita sized tortilla.  I use Chi Chi whole wheat tortilla because they don't become brittle after freezing and reheating.

Fry the bacon until crisp and drain away most of the fat.
Fry the potatoes for about 10 minutes until cooked through and browned.
Add the onion and cook another 1-2 minutes until they are softened.
Add the eggs and stir continuously until the eggs are set.
Cool the egg mixture.
Assemble the burritos using 1/2 cup of the filling in each tortilla.
Wrap the burrito in foil, label and freeze

To reheat: place the foil wrapped burrito in the oven or toaster oven at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes or remove the foil and microwave on high for 2 minutes, turn over and cook another 2 minutes.

Serve with hot sauce or salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the web. I love to share things I make and ideas I have. I hope you enjoy!