Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pea Salad


This salad is so fresh and green.  A clean and bright side dish that works perfectly with grilled or smoked meats or other summer meals.  I like to bring this to cookouts and potlucks because its quick and inexpensive to whip up and its always a hit.  Its not the same old boring dishes but the ingredients are familiar enough so that its not intimidating.



The ingredients are:
1 pound frozen peas, thawed by rinsing and drained well
2 stalks of celery, diced
2 scallions, diced
a small handful of spearmint and parsley
1 lemon, zest and juice
3 TBSP olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix thoroughly and serve immediately or if making ahead pack the dressing separate and dress just before serving.

2 comments:

  1. looks good and I will be trying it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom would make pea salad for get togethers, I always loved it but turns out I am about the only one lol. We added diced eggs and cheese to ours. Super delish! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the web. I love to share things I make and ideas I have. I hope you enjoy!