Thursday, December 4, 2014

Molasses Cookie Recipe


I used to have marathon cookie baking sessions with my friend Matt.  He made a great molasses cookie and he was kind enough to share his recipe with me.  It's chewy, spicy, and always comes out great.  I know some people will sub out the shortening for butter but to get the best texture shortening is the way to go.



Ingredients
1 1/2 cups shortening melted
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 eggs
4 cups flour
4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt

Mix together dry ingredients
Cream together shortening and sugar.  Add eggs one at a time then add the molasses.  Stir in dry ingredients.  Dough will be stiff.  Scoop with a cookie scoop or portion out dough into walnut size balls.  Roll dough in you hands to form smooth balls.  Roll balls in sugar, place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.  Press the dough balls with the bottom of a glass to flatten slightly.  Bake at 375 F for 8-10 minutes.  Cool on a wire rack.  The cookies will puff up then shrink back down to a crinkly chewy cookie as they cool.

Check out all the great recipes all Cookie Week long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the web. I love to share things I make and ideas I have. I hope you enjoy!