Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Spinach Avocado Pasta


I love this recipe. It is delicious, quick and made with simple good-for-you ingredients. My family loves it.  It is a basic recipe that is so versatile.  I usually serve it warm for dinner then I have the leftovers cold for lunch the next day.  Its good both ways.  You can add diced chicken, cherry tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, or all three.



Ingredients (4 servings)
1/2 pound of frozen spinach, thaw and squeeze out excess moisture
2 TBSP lemon juice or to taste
1 avocado
1/2 pound whole wheat spiral pasta (or any pasta you like)
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil to taste *optional*

Cook the pasta is salted water according to package directions. In a food processor, blend together the spinach, avocado, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Add a couple tablespoons of olive oil if desired. Stir spinach and avocado mixture into cooked and drained pasta. Serve warm or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the web. I love to share things I make and ideas I have. I hope you enjoy!