Friday, September 26, 2014

Healthy Chocolate Avocado Mousse (Dairy Free and Delicious!)


Her first birthday was looming and I was fretting over what sort of cake I was to make.  I didn't want to feed her a ton of sugar but I wanted to make a special treat.  And most of all I didn't want to have to make a different cake for her and for the adults.

I tested out a cashew cream cheese recipe but it was a lot of work and without a Vitamix it didn't turn out as well as it could have.  My neighbor told me of a recipe made from roasted sweet potatoes and dates but I have neither in my pantry.  Then I stumbled upon a recipe for avocado chocolate frosting.  I tweaked it slightly and it turned out so delicious that I have made is a few times since just as a quick and nutritious treat.  It is vegan, gluten free, raw, paleo, and the best part... its CHOCOLATE!  :)



You can double or triple the recipe to make as much as you need.  Each avocado yields around 1 cup of finished mousse.

1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2-3 Tbsp pure maple syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the web. I love to share things I make and ideas I have. I hope you enjoy!