I used scraps of worsted weight cotton yarn and a size g crochet hook. Any similar sized hook can be used.
- With color A: ch 3, sl st in 3rd ch from hook to form ring
- *ch 4, sc in ring, repeat from * 3 more times
- ch 1 *5 sc in ch 4 space, repeat from *3 more times, sl st in beginning ch 1 to join, fasten off
- Join color B in 3rd sc of any 5 sc segment, ch 1, 2 hdc in same st, *1 hdc in each of the next 4 sc, [2 hdc, ch1, 2 hdc] in next sc, repeat from * 3 more times, 1 hdc in next 4 sc, 2 hdc in beginning st, ch 1, sl st to beginning ch to join, fasten off.
- Join color A to any ch 1 space, ch 1, 2 sc in same space, *skip 3 st, 5dc in next st, skip 3 st, [2sc, ch1, 2sc] in next ch 1 space, repeat from * 2 more times, skip 3 st, 5dc in next st, skip 3 st, 2sc in beginning ch1 space, ch 1, sl st to beginning ch 1 to join, fasten off.
- Join color B to any ch 1 space, ch 1, 1 sc in same space, *5 dc in space between clusters, 1 s c in top of next cluster, repeat from * 6 more times, 5 dc between last 2 clusters, sl st to beginning ch to join. Fasten off. Weave in loose ends.
Feel free to make this pattern for yourself, to give as a gift or to sell but please link to the original pattern when sharing.
Check out my other crochet patternsFootball Coaster