Saturday, February 15, 2014

Clover Coaster Motif Pattern

I have another crochet motif pattern for you.  Work these motifs in cotton yarn and they make excellent coasters or add a ornament hook or a loop of yarn and you have a festive holiday ornament.  I made this in shades of green to highlight the center 4 leaf clover design but it would look great in any color combination.
Clover Coaster 
This pattern uses US crochet terms.  Ch = chain; sc = single crochet; dc = double crochet; hdc = half double crochet; sl st = slip stitch;  If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to help you.

I used scraps of worsted weight cotton yarn and a size g crochet hook.  Any similar sized hook can be used.
Clover Coaster
  1. With color A: ch 3, sl st in 3rd ch from hook to form ring 
  2. *ch 4, sc in ring, repeat from * 3 more times 
  3. ch 1 *5 sc in ch 4 space, repeat from *3 more times, sl st in beginning ch 1 to join, fasten off
  4. Join color B in 3rd sc of any 5 sc segment, ch 1, 2 hdc in same st, *1 hdc in each of the next 4 sc, [2 hdc, ch1, 2 hdc] in next sc, repeat from * 3 more times, 1 hdc in next 4 sc, 2 hdc in beginning st, ch 1, sl st to beginning ch to join, fasten off.
  5. Join color A to any ch 1 space, ch 1, 2 sc in same space, *skip 3 st, 5dc in next st, skip 3 st, [2sc, ch1, 2sc] in next ch 1 space, repeat from * 2 more times, skip 3 st, 5dc in next st, skip 3 st, 2sc in beginning ch1 space, ch 1, sl st to beginning ch 1 to join, fasten off.
  6. Join color B to any ch 1 space, ch 1, 1 sc in same space, *5 dc in space between clusters, 1 s c in top of next cluster, repeat from * 6 more times, 5 dc between last 2 clusters, sl st to beginning ch to join. Fasten off. Weave in loose ends.

 Feel free to make this pattern for yourself, to give as a gift or to sell but please link to the original pattern when sharing.

Check out my other crochet patterns
Starburst Motif
Football Coaster

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the web. I love to share things I make and ideas I have. I hope you enjoy!